Secretary of State at the Chancellery of the Prime Minister of Poland, Member of the Sejm of the Republic of Poland
Polish politician, lawyer, and community activist born on 2 May 1989 in Słupsk. He served as the President of the Student Government Board at the University of Warsaw and then as the President of the Students’ Parliament of the Republic of Poland. Graduated in law from the University of Warsaw in 2016.
From 2015 to 2017, he was an advisor to the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. Simultaneously, he belonged to the legislative team preparing a project of reform the science and higher education system, also known as the Constitution for Science.
Formerly Director of the Minister’s Office at the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, responsible for communication policy, cooperation with Parliament, and coordination of advisers’ meeting works.
In 2018, he was appointed the Undersecretary of State, and then the Secretary of State at the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. He was entrusted with such tasks as implementing of the Law on Higher Education and coordinating objectives related to the government administration department for higher education, including the supervision of Polish universities.
Deputy to the Sejm of the 8th and 9th term. The government spokesman and Secretary of State at the Chancellery of the Prime Minister of Poland since 2019. In 2021, he became President of Lech Kaczyński National School of Public Administration.
Piotr Müller is a permanent member of governmental delegations. He participates in international meetings and negotiations. As a government spokesman, he is responsible for broadcasting conclusions of the multilateral and bilateral meetings.
Piotr Müller is a permanent member of governmental delegations. He participates in international meetings and negotiations e.g.:
– V4 summit+ Egypt
– meeting with leaders of V4 countries and President of South Korea,
– a meeting with the Prime Minister of the Italian Republic, Mario Draghi,
– meeting with President Emmanuel Macron,
– Eastern Partnership summit and European Council meeting,
– meeting with President Volodymyr Zelenski and Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal,
– a meeting with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz,
– meeting with President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen,
– a meeting with Prime Minister Boris Johnson,
– a meeting with Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Stør of Norway,
– meeting with Austrian Chancellor Karl Nehammer
As an inhabitant of Słupsk for years, he is particularly committed to Central Pomerania and focused on the region’s dynamic development – in the beginning as a community activist, then as a parliament deputy. He successfully processed governmental programmes for development and modernisation, simultaneously supporting their local government’s implementation.
In 2019 he was ranked by the Dziennik Gazeta Prawna newspaper as one of the 50 most influential Polish lawyers of the preceding year.